Terms & Conditions
1. Acceptance of Terms
1.1 My Pocket Rockets will
henceforth be referred to as Pocket Rockets.
Pocket Rockets is the sole operator of metabolicinteractive.co.za
1.2 By accessing and using Pocket Rockets you agree to the following terms:
- Your usage of the website will not be for any purpose that is unlawful or prohibited by these terms and conditions.
- By using this website you are fully accepting the terms, conditions and disclaimers in this notice.
- Pocket Rockets and its affiliates reserve the right to refuse service, terminate orders, or edit content in their sole discretion.
If you do not accept these Terms and Conditions, do not use this website.
2. Products on Pocket Rockets Website
2.1 A sale, or order, is only valid once an order has been placed through the website and the payment verified in our bank account.
2.2 Any order is subject to cancellation by Pocket Rockets due to superior force from any clause beyond the control of Pocket Rockets, including (without restricting this clause to these instances): inability to secure labour, power, materials or supplies, or by reason of an act of God, war, civil disturbance, riot, state of emergency, strike, lockout, or other labour disputes, fire, flood, drought or legislation.
2.3 All quotes will remain valid for a period of 24 hours from the date of the quote or until the date of issue of a new price, whichever occurs first. The validity of any price is subject to availability and to any increases in the cost price, including currency fluctuations, of Pocket Rockets before dispatch of goods.
2.4 The Customer hereby confirms that the goods and services on the invoice issued duly represent the goods and services ordered by the Customer at the prices agreed to by the Customer and where performance / delivery has already taken place that the services and goods were inspected and that the Customer is satisfied that these conform in all respects to the quality and quantity ordered and are free from any visible defects.
2.5 All products offered on PocketRockets.co.za or Pocketrocketparts.co.za are on offer for a limited period. When an item is out of stock, or no longer available, the item is no longer on offer. For more information on a product’s stock availability please contact us.
2.6 Pocket Rockets shall take all reasonable efforts to accurately indicate prices and delivery charges. However, should products be erroneously offered at incorrect prices and/or delivery charges, Pocket Rockets will not be obliged to sell products at such incorrect prices, and/or delivery charges, and shall only be liable to refund monies paid should you not wish to proceed with the purchase at the correct price and/or delivery charge.
3. Amounts payable by User
3.1 The price of each product is displayed with the product listing. In the event of a sale or special offer, the discounted price is displayed. Prices are subject to change without notice.
3.2 Pocket Rockets will handle all delivery charges for delivery of the item to the User. Pocket Rockets will cover all insurance of the order for delivery of the item to the User.
3.3 Value added tax at the rate of 14% is charged on goods bought by South African residents.
3.4 Pocket Rockets will not be held liable or held responsible for any bank changes, or other fees which may occur when using this website. For more information on bank charges please contact your bank.
4. Payment Methods
4.1 If “Manual Payment” is selected
once the order has been placed you will be instructed on how to deposit the
amount due into Pocket Rockets account.
The following criteria are to be taken into account:
- The exact amount must be paid
- Please use the order number as a reference when depositing the amount. If this is not done we will not be able to detect the deposit.
- Cheque deposits are subject to a clearing period.;
- Your order will be cancelled if you choose to pay by bank deposit and the amount due is not paid within 5 business days.
- Orders will only be despatched once full payment has cleared in the Pocket Rockets bank account.
Pocket Rockets will never ask for your credit card details or store the information, whether it be verbal or via electronic communication.
Please note that orders will only be processed once payment has been made to Pocket Rockets and is reflected and cleared in our bank account.
5.1 Pocket Rockets delivers to addresses within the borders of South Africa. Additional charges may be levied for deliveries to neighbouring countries. Please contact us for delivery charges quotation.
5.2 Certain high-value items cannot be delivered to PO Box addresses. If this problem arises, Pocket Rockets will contact you to make alternative delivery arrangements.
5.3 Pocket Rockets shall be entitled to split the delivery of goods ordered in the quantities and on the dates it decides with the prior consent of the Customer, which consent shall not be unreasonably withheld.
5.4 Pocket Rockets shall be entitled to invoice and deliver each order separately.
5.5 The risk of damage to or destruction of goods is passed to the Customer on signature of the delivery receipt upon delivery to the Customer or the Customer’s nominated representative and the Customer undertakes to insure the goods fully, until paid for in full.
5.6 Pocket Rockets is hereby authorized to engage a third party on its behalf and on the terms deemed fit by Pocket Rockets to transport all goods purchased.
5.7 If the Customer chooses to engage in its own third party to transport the goods, the Customer indemnifies Pocket Rockets against any claims of whatsoever nature that may arise from such an agreement. Delivery via 3rd party (customer’s) courier must be arranged
5.8 Delivery, installation, commencement and performance times given are merely estimates and are not binding on Pocket Rockets. Pocket Rockets warrants that it will use its best endeavor’s to meet such delivery times; time is not of the essence of this agreement unless expressly agreed upon in writing by Pocket Rockets. Pocket Rockets shall not be liable for any loss or damage of whatsoever nature which the Customer may suffer as a result of any incorrect or delayed delivery, tampering of installation, commencement or performance.
5.9 Once you have been notified the
product is ready for collection, it may be collected from the following
6. Product Returns and Warranties
6.1 No returns will be accepted without an Unique Order number.
6.2 In the case of repairs undertaken by Pocket Rockets, repair times given are merely estimates and are not binding on Pocket Rockets; time is not of the essence of this agreement unless expressly agreed upon in writing by Pocket Rockets. Pocket Rockets shall not be liable for any loss or damage of whatsoever nature which the Customer may suffer as a result of any unforeseen costs and/or delayed repairs.
6.3 A product may be returned under the following conditions:
- If Pocket Rockets has supplied the incorrect product or the product is defective, Pocket Rockets will exchange it for the correct item(s). Pocket Rockets will cover the delivery charges and arrange for the collection and delivery of the item(s).All defective merchandise returned to Pocket Rockets must be returned with all cables, power supplies, documentation etc.
- If any of the above conditions are not met, Pocket Rockets reserves the right to refuse the return.
- Pocket Rockets will adhere to the Manufacturer’s warranty periods and conditions of Electronic products. These products usually have a warranty of 6months or 1000km, but some products have a shorter warranty period. Warranty periods and conditions will be given to a customer on request.
- Physical or structural damage is not covered by warranties or guarantees and any such damage invalidates the warranty. Determination of what constitutes physical damage is by the supplier of the item.
- Electronic goods can be returned for testing during the warranty period. If however it is found not to be faulty or the item was physically damaged by the customer, or the defect is not covered by the warranty conditions, the shipping fee to and from the customer, and a handling fee of 10% of the product’s price will be levied. Our suppliers will be the sole judge of what constitutes physical damage by the customer and if the defect is covered by the warranty conditions.
- Pocket Rockets will not be liable for incompatibilities in computer hardware. Once items have been opened or installed they can only be returned if defective.
- All items must be returned with all their original packaging and accessories. This includes, but is not limited to, cables, discs and manuals. In addition all the suppliers’ barcode stickers and serial number stickers must still be attached to the product, and must not have been removed. Even accidental removal and re-attachment of the barcode sticker will void the warranty in most cases, as it will no longer be possible to verify exactly when that individual item was purchased.
- When an item is found to be defective it may be repaired, or the item alone (and not the packaging) may be replaced, or the entire package may be replaced. This is at the discretion of Pocket Rockets and its suppliers, and the sole obligation of Pocket Rockets and its suppliers is to provide a working item in good condition. If an exact replacement is not available, a suitable alternative may be offered, or the item will be credited.
6.4 The image of the item not being the same as the item received does not constitute grounds for return. Images are for illustrative purposes only, and manufacturers and publishers are constantly changing the design of their products, and as such the appearance of the product is subject to change without notice.
6.5 Pocket Rockets sole obligation is to repair or replace the defective product. There is no warranty for uninterrupted or error-free operation. The warranty is contingent upon the proper use in the application for which the product was intended, and does not cover product which has been modified in any manner, and /or has been subjected to physical damage, abuse, misuse, alteration, neglect, tampering, improper maintenance, or has been serviced, repaired, installed by unauthorized personnel.
6.6 New goods are protected according to the manufacturer’s product specific warranties only and all other guarantees and warranties including common law guarantees are hereby specifically excluded. Services carry no guarantee.
6.8 The customer hereby agrees that any item handed in for repair may be sold by Pocket Rockets to defray the cost of such repairs if the item remains uncollected within 30 days of the repairs being completed.
6.9 No claim under these terms and conditions will arise unless the Customer has, within 7 days of the alleged breach or defect occurring, given Pocket Rockets 30 days written notice by prepaid registered post to rectify any defect or breach of contract.
6.10 Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information on your return product.
All copyright, trademarks and all other intellectual property rights in the Website and its content (including without limitation the Website design, text, graphics and all software and source codes connected with the Website) are owned by or licensed to Pocket Rockets or otherwise used by Pocket Rockets as permitted by law. In accessing the Website you agree that you will access the content solely for your personal, non-commercial use. None of the content may be downloaded, copied, reproduced, transmitted, stored, sold or distributed without the prior written consent of the copyright holder. This excludes the downloading, copying and/or printing of pages of the Website for personal, non-commercial home use only.
The Customer acknowledges all copyrights and shall not duplicate copyrighted material and that each attempt will immediately render the full prevailing price payable to Pocket Rockets.
Apart from the provisions of sections 43(5) and 43(6) of the ECT Act, neither Pocket Rockets nor any of its agents or representatives shall be liable for any damage, loss or liability of whatsoever nature arising from the use or inability to use this Website or the services or content provided from and through this Website. Furthermore, Pocket Rockets makes no representations or warranties, implied or otherwise, that, amongst others, the content and technology available from this Website are free from errors or omissions or that the service will be 100% uninterrupted and error free. You are encouraged to report any possible malfunctions and errors email@example.com
This Website is supplied on an “as is” basis and has not been compiled or supplied to meet your individual requirements. It is your sole responsibility to satisfy yourself prior to accepting these terms and conditions that the service available from and through this Website will meet your individual requirements and be compatible with your hardware and/or software.
Information, ideas and opinions expressed on this Website should not be regarded as professional advice or the official opinion of Pocket Rockets and you are encouraged to consult professional advice before taking any course of action related to information, ideas or opinions expressed on this Website.
7.3 Governing Law and Jurisdiction
This Website is hosted, controlled and operated from the Republic of South Africa and therefore governed by South African law and, subject to the ‘Disputes’ clause of these terms and conditions, you and Pocket Rockets submit to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the South African courts.
Any person that delivers or attempts to deliver any damaging code to this Website or attempts to gain unauthorised access to any page on this Website shall be prosecuted and civil damages shall be claimed in the event that Pocket Rockets suffers any damage or loss.
Hyperlinks provided on this Website to non- Pocket Rockets sites are provided as is and Pocket Rockets does not necessarily agree with, edit or sponsor the content on such web pages.
Pocket Rockets will not disclose this information with any 3rd parties.